Thursday, February 1, 2007

Video Traces

I find that recording video traces can be fun and I'm very impressed by this use of technology. I'm curious as to how often I would use this in my classroom. It seems like a good idea to be able to take pictures of students work and add a voice commentary to their work, but wouldn't it be easier to write them or type them? I would like to learn more about how and why teachers would use this program.
It has a lot to offer so I want to learn how to take advantage of this technology!

1 comment:

mark said...

A couple of ideas come to mind. One of them is for professional development on your part. You can share the trace with a colleague and have them brainstorm ways of helping out whatever. This'll become more apparent as we annotate actual video rather than a still image of student work.

Another idea that another TEP student had was to have kids make traces of their own as a way to self-assess and verbalize their own work. I think that is an awesome idea.